Duke of Edinburgh opens university building designed by this year's Building Awards Architect of the Year
Edward Cullinan Architects's library and IT centre at Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge, was officially opened by the Duke of Edinburgh this week.
The library, which opened to students earlier in the spring, extends the east wing of the 1959 Denys Lasdun College masterplan.
The main library reading rooms are on three floors with books located in the centre of each, and reader spaces positioned around the perimeter to maximise the use of daylight and views over the college gardens.
A variety of study spaces have been created, all with flexibility for IT network connections via an accessible raised floor.