Al-Futtaim Group and Carillion start construction on eight new projects at Dubai hub
The Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has started construction on eight new projects in Dubai Festival City.
The developer, which has a construction partnership with British firm Carillion, made the announcement at this year’s Cityscape Dubai festival.
Construction began on Dubai Festival City in 2003. A shopping centre opened last year, and two hotels are already complete, with a third to be opened later this year. The eight projects now under construction by Al Futtaim Carillion are:
- Al Badia Hillside Village – two of nine Arabian-style condominiums
- Al Badia Oasis – a residential development of five towers, making up 800 units
- Al Badia Residences – 180 apartments and townhouses
- The Collection – a 665,000 sq ft shopping centre with 170 specialist boutiques, designed by 5+ Design and ZAS/Kieferle & Partner
- The Four Seasons Hotel – a 400 room hotel
- The W Hotel – 330 room with apartments designed by KEO International
- Marsa Al Khor Business Park – four mid-rise office towers
- Al Badia Business Campus – 23 low and mid-rise office buildings
The Dubai Festival City development will eventually make up 10m sq ft of prime commercial space and will complete in 2011.