Communities and Local Government department has announced its approval for twelve accreditation schemes
The twelve schemes will be operated by:
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers
- EPC Limited
- Knauf Insulation
- National Energy Services
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
They will be responsible for accrediting energy assessors to deliver the remaining parts of the European Directive on the Energy Performance of Buildings (EPBD):
- EPCs for newly built homes from April 6th 2008
- EPCs on the sale, rent or construction of non-domestic buildings, starting with buildings over 10,000 m² from April 6th 2008, extended to buildings over 2500m² from July 1st 2008 and covering all such buildings from October 1st 2008
- Display certificates in public buildings no later than October 2008
- Air-conditioning inspections no later than January 2009 for plant over 250kW, no later than January 2011 for the remainder
For a table that explains which schemes will provide which type of assessor, click here.
Nine accreditation schemes have already been approved for domestic energy assessors.