A round-up of news from roofing manufacturers including Tata Steel and Sika-Trocal
- Single ply roofing membrane manufacturer Sika-Trocal has added NBS format specifications to its online specification service at www.gbr.sika.com. Aimed at architects, surveyors and building owners, once people have registered to the site they can download specification documents.
- Tata Steel has launched a computer program to help structural engineers and other construction professionals involved in the design and specification of structural roof decking. RoofDek Analysis Software allows designers to carry out an analysis of a deck to achieve the best design for the right cost.
- Marley Eternit has launched an online roofing accessory selector tool. The tool helps customers pick the right dry fix and ventilation products for the roof they are working on. It looks at which roofing accessories are suitable for use with the chosen roof covering, including recommendations of all types of dry fix and ventilation.
- A new industry body has been set up to represent manufacturers of prefabricated building components. The Construction Glassfibre Manufacturers Association has been jointly set up by the industry with encouragement of the National House-building Council.
- An independent study carried out by TRADA has found that Accoya Technologies Accoya wood has a resistance and superior coating performance after 42 months’ exposure to the varying Oxfordshire weather. Accoya says the test showed Accoya wood still had a flat cladding surface with no gain raising, no shelling, cracking or fissuring. External dirt was easily cleaned off, revealing a sound clean surface with no rot, decay or coating issues.