Peter McConville, marketing director at Nordon's employer, electrical subcontractor Anord Control Systems of Dundalk, Co Louth, said it would carry out a safety review within weeks.
McConville declined to comment further, but it is understood that the dead man's brother – the managing director of Anord, Tony Nordon – is discussing the circumstances surrounding the incident with executives at the Canary Wharf Group.
The death was among four last week. The other fatalities occurred at sites in North Yorkshire, Staffordshire and Aberdeen.
Canary Wharf said it would not undertake a specific review, but was continuously looking at its safety policy. A spokesperson said: "Safety at Canary Wharf has always been a continuous process of improvement. It is constantly reviewed and all lessons learned are incorporated, not only on specific buildings, but across all sites at Canary Wharf."
The spokesperson added that the group had been in discussions with the Health and Safety Executive about using Canary Wharf as model of best practice.
Canary Wharf held a minute's silence for Nordon shortly after his death. But Construction Safety Campaign national secretary Tony O'Brien said this was an empty gesture.
"Canary Wharf should make a pledge to all workers that they would not do any work that would put them in danger," O'Brien said. On Friday he led a silent vigil at DS8, the site where the accident happened.
At the vigil, construction worker Tony Miller said the safety check at DS8 after the fatality was superficial. He said: "They checked out people's hard hats and boots and carried out quite a few fire alarm test."