Ivan McKeever to be replaced at troubled contractor by ex-Bovis man
Styles & Wood chief executive Ivan McKeever is to step down from the company at the end of the year.
The company announced the move, which follows a period of turbulence at the contractor, in a surprise statement today. He will be replaced as chief executive by former Bovis Lend Lease regional director Tony Lenehan.
In a recent trading update, Styles & Wood said it expected turnover for the year to 31 December to be between £95m and £100m – a fall from £139.3m last year. However, the firm, which carried out a refinancing last year, expects to return to profit after last year’s £1.8m pre-tax loss.
Lenehan headed Bovis’ UK north division until earlier this year, when he left the company as part of a restructuring which saw English and Welsh businesses unified under the control of Julian Daniel, who was previously the head of UK south.
Tony Lenehan will start on January 1. He said would review the business before developing a renewed business plan in the next 2-3 months. He said: “I look forward to joining Styles & Wood. The Company has a strong brand, a proud heritage, and is well positioned in its markets. I am privileged to lead the business through the next phase of its development as CEO.”
Ivan McKeever said in a statement that he was stepping down from the group to “pursue personal business interests.” He said: “I leave the Group in good shape to prosper from this point and wish my successor and indeed all the team at Styles & Wood well. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my eight years at S&W and am proud of my role in turning the business around.”
Sustainability Now, the free-to-attend online conference and exhibition for sustainable professionals starts on Wednesday 8th December. Hear from industry leading speakers and interact with key associations and suppliers from across the built environment. Click here to register now!