JCT Digital is a suite of online contract drafting services for construction professionals
Welcome to JCT Digital - a suite of online contract drafting services and tools for the professional in the modern construction industry.
Designed to provide a range of flexible options in purchasing, filling in, and drafting your JCT contract, the services give you the confidence of being able to generate a genuine JCT product, backed up by years of contract expertise and excellence.
JCT Digital encompasses the following range of products:
The digital equivalent of the JCT paper contract
JCT On Demand is the digital equivalent of the JCT physical paper contract. Every contract within the JCT 2016 Edition is available via the JCT Online Store to order in paperback, or to access as a digital document via JCT On Demand. The JCT On Demand version is the default option as, with many professionals still working from home or with flexible working arrangements, it is the fastest way to start working on your JCT contract.
Once you have purchased the JCT On Demand version of your contract of choice, you will get instant access to fill in your contract in a safe, secure, online environment. The system guides you through an intuitive Q&A process to enable you to fill out your contract comprehensively.
JCT On Demand is ideal for those who want instant access to their JCT contract, and to be guided through each section to make sure it is completed comprehensively but are not looking to make bespoke changes or amendments to the contract text.
The system also enables you to save and print drafts, print out a professional plain copy for signing, and generate a comparison document showing your Q&A-input elements tracked against the published JCT text, always ensuring full transparency between the parties to the contract.
With JCT On Demand you can:
- Complete your contract using an intuitive Q&A process, which makes filling in the contracts easy and makes sure you cover all the key areas. Questions change depending on the answers you give, so you only complete what is relevant to you.
- Use the split Q&A and preview screen – see your answers update the contract in real time as you progress.
- Use improved design features, such as easy to access document actions, interactive progress bar, and an easy to navigate folder structure, to help make finding and progressing through your contracts a breeze.
- Print DRAFT watermarked copies as you work to review your contract.
- View and print comparison documents showing your additions tracked against the published JCT text, ensuring full transparency.
- Finalise and print - when you want to finalise your contract the draft watermark is removed and you can print your final copies.
Subscription service with advanced editing and drafting features
JCT Construct is a subscription-based contract drafting system with advanced editing features. The service enables you to create, amend, and customise the drafting of your JCT contracts in a secure, flexible, and easy to use online environment.
With JCT Construct’s powerful tools you can edit the JCT contract text itself, adding your own amendments, clauses, or other customised text. This is alongside being able to use the same intuitive Q&A process as JCT On Demand to fill in your contract comprehensively.
The JCT Construct system generates your contract in plain copy as well as a comparison document, making it possible to easily read the contracts and see all your added changes tracked against the published JCT text.
Guest sharing supports collaborative working among those involved in the contract drafting to share drafts, to edit, and to see all the changes. Version-to-version comparison allows you to see any of your or your guest collaborators’ changes between draft versions and against the published JCT text, ensuring full transparency between the parties to the contract at all times.
Two subscription options of JCT Construct, ‘JCT Construct – Complete’ or ‘JCT Construct – Small Works’ grant digital access to either the full, or limited, range of the JCT 2016 Edition of contracts. There are also various options depending on how many users you or your company would like to include under your subscription licence.
A summary of JCT Construct’s main features:
- Easy to use, flexible, and secure online contract drafting
- Edit the contract text, with auto-updating of clause numbers, cross-references in the JCT text, and table of contents
- Share drafts with guests
- Create boilerplates so you can re-use your standard set of changes
- Print draft contracts for review
- Print final contracts for signing
- Print comparison documents showing all user-generated changes tracked against the published JCT text for full transparency
For more information, and to purchase JCT On Demand contracts or a JCT Construct subscription, visit the links above, or the JCT Online Store at www.jctltd.co.uk.