- Pennine Stone, a supplier of cast stone, has launched a new catalogue and website. These showcase its British Board of Agrément-certified TecCast range of cast stone products. It features window heads, sills, copings, strings and porticos.
- A new website showcasing the use of brick has been launched. The Think Brick website (www.brick.org.uk) is packed with information, from brick projects to technical downloads.
- VM Zinc has become the first UK supplier to receive BRE certification for its zinc interlocking panel facade systems (BRE137/07). The system, which is available in five colours, uses a pre-weathered process to provide an aged patination and is designed for use as an open-jointed, drained and back-ventilated cavity rainscreen facade or overcladding.
- Kingspan Insulated Panels has introduced a new way to get a quote for its high-performance insulated wall, roof and facade systems. The user-friendly Kingspan Bestprice online quoting service can be accessed at www.kingspanbestprice.com . Once the customer enters the details of the products they need, such as profile, quantity and thickness, quote will be emailed to them.
- Independent Northern Ireland-based specialist construction firm McMullen Architectural Systems has announced its acquisition of Systems Aluminium, a curtain wall contractor located in Cumbernauld, Scotland.
- Marley Eternit’s fibre cement Bluclad building board has been awarded BRE certification. It was tested for resistance to fire (Class O), water, wind, impact, and freezing and thawing among other properties.
Specifier 04 July 2008
- Currently reading
Movers and makers