Latest news from the world of construction product manufacture
- Rainscreen maker Sotech has received National House Building Council approval for the weathertightness of its Optima TFC cassette system. The test covers air permeability, watertightness and resistance to wind loading. It was carried out to the requirements of BS EN 12153, 12155 and 12179 with reference to the Centre for Window and Cladding Technology’s standard for systemised building envelopes.
- Foremans Relocatable Building Systems has launched a website for its ConstructionSpace service (www.constructionspace.co.uk). This provides site accommodation from recycled modular buildings.
- Modular building supplier Portakabin has created a virtual tour of Titan, the largest single-module building in Europe. With a floor area of 67m2 it can accommodate up to 18 people and be configured to include open-plan areas, offices, meeting rooms, reception areas, kitchens and toilets.
- Sanitaryware maker Macdee has published a guide to the technical issues surrounding the installation of its range of in-wall frame systems, which includes WCs, wash basins, bidets and urinal frames. Among the subjects covered are soundproofing, installation and regulations.
- Temporary building specialist Aganto now offers a fully Part L2A-compliant range of aluminium-framed temporary buildings. Aluminium-framed temporary buildings can be used as warehouses or workshops, sports and leisure facilities, educational buildings and retail spaces.