Mitie Engineering Services convicted of breaching health and safety legislation but individual managers acquitted

Mitie Engineering Services was yesterday found guilty of breaching health and safety legislation, after an electrician was killed while working on a fitness centre.

Twenty-six-year-old Michael Adamson, who had just got engaged to be married, was electrocuted while working on the construction of a JJB fitness centre in Dundee.

His family were at Dundee sheriff court to hear the jury declare a unanimous guilty verdict.

Three members of the company's senior management were acquitted of a breach of health and safety practices resulting in the death.

The firm will be sentenced next week.