This week’s news from cladding manufacturers
- Architectural aluminium glazing company Technal has launched a website for architects and specifiers that contains information on its range of curtain walling, low-rise glazing and window and door systems. It also includes detailed National Building Specification information with test reports and certifications, drawings and cross-sections forTechnal’s product range, case studies and technical data sheets www.technal.co.uk
- Alcoa Architectural Products has launched a design tool for architects. The Reynobond ColorLab allows a 3D visualisation of the company’s Reynobond aluminium composite boards and a view of individual boards under sunlight to give an idea of what they look like in place. Information can be downloaded for CAD software. www.excellence-in-innovation.eu
- Facade maker Weber’sweber.therm XP external wall insulation system has gained British Board of Agrément (BBA), certification. The certification covers new build and refurbishment applications for all major insulation types - polystyrene, mineral fibre and phenolic - for the weber.therm M1 render, mesh-reinforced system.
- Sapa Building System has been awarded the ISO 14001:2004 environmental management system standard. Sapa provides aluminium systems for curtain walling, doors, windows, conservatory roofs and specialist applications.
- Wicona has launched a website offering advice on ways to approach facade and roof design. The website features a guide to the firm’s products and projects that use them. There is a tool to calculate technical data, such as U-values, depending on the specification.