Latest news from the world of construction product manufacture
- Alumasc has published new technical literature detailing its Harmer Kessel rainwater management systems. Aimed at architects, specifiers and contractors, the literature addresses the new British Standard BS 8515: 2009 Code of Practice for Rainwater Harvesting Systems, for which the Harmer Kessel systems offers a solution for both the private and commercial sectors.
- Rockwool has relaunched its UK website www.rockwool.co.uk, which incorporates “solution finder” tools to help users find the right solution for their project. The tools include: a datasheet library and brochure library, plus online ordering systems for both, along with a CAD drawing library, certification and approvals information, and installation guides.
- Guttermaster has launched specification software for estimating the performance requirements of a roof drainage system. The software (to BS EN 12056:2003-3) optimises gutter size and the quantity and size of rainwater outlets and pipe work, to avoid any over-specification.
- Aluflash, Z-Led’s alternative to lead flashing, has attained an “AA” fire rating by Bodycote Warrington, enabling use regardless of proximity to adjacent buildings, and ensuring compliance with Part B of the Building Regulations. Aluflash can be used wherever lead flashing would be employed and is made from aluminium with a solvent lacquer coloured surface and self-adhesive butyl backing.
- Living Roofs for Life is a new guide to safe access and maintenance for green roofs. Prepared by fall protection system specialists Latchways, it is available at www.latchways.com/greenroof