February 12 2010
- English Heritage has published guidance on refurbishing historic school buildings that demonstrates the potential and flexibility of traditional schools. It is available for downoload at www.english-heritage.org.uk/historicschools
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers has published AM14: Non-domestic hot water heating systems, an application manual to help engineers design efficient heating. The guide covers water-based heating systems for buildings other than dwellings with a total installed capacity from 45kW up to 2MW.
- Zumtobel has launched a website dedicated to its LED lighting. www.zumtobel-led.com has details and images of products including its new Basys, Slotlight, 2Light Mini and Careena lights.
- Armstrong Building Products has published a guide to ceiling design solutions. The guide showcases projects in healthcare, education, transport, offices, and retail and leisure. It is intended to inspire architects, specifiers and interior designers.
- Expert slip-resistance testing and consultancy firm Ceram has produced a guide to implementing effective cleaning and maintenance regimes for slip-resistant floors. The guide outlines the fundamentals of regimes, advises on the use of cleaning methods and details the correct application of detergents. www.ceram.com/slip
- Recolight, specialist in the WEEE compliance scheme for lamps, has launched a film to raise awareness of the importance of recycling compact fluorescent lamps. www.recolight. co.uk/go/films