Look out for our free online event for construction professionals working in education this Wednesday and Thursday
This week Building will be hosting Education Now, a free online event aimed at construction professionals working in the education sector.
As we await the James Review and the education White paper this event, held on Wednesday 17 and Thursday 18 November, offers an opportunity to hear directly from education experts on how best to adapt to new government policies and spending plans.
Our panel of speakers will look at issues such as rebuilding and refurbishing on much lower budgets, setting up free schools or overcoming practical pitfalls which may arrive with construction methods which cost less.
You will have the chance to contact speakers, attendees and exhibitors in the show to come up with solutions and best practice examples together as well as attend five free-to-attend webinars each day.
If you are too busy on either of these days, don’t worry – you can still register and view all the presentations and discussions on-demand for three months after the event.
If you can log in at the time during the topics which most interest you, you’ll be able to post questions to the speakers, view PowerPoint presentations, listen to discussions, chat in the networking lounge with other attendees and view booths in the exhibition hall.
- Simon Lucas, head of education, EC Harris
- Jenny Thomas, head of research and policy, British Council for School Environments and director, Performance Consultancy
- Andrew McSmythurs, director of project management, Cyril Sweett
- Jonathan Hines, director, Architype
- Susan Witterick, principal acoustic consultant, Capita Symonds
- Graham Burns, director and solicitor, TPP Law
- Tom Legge, new schools director, Place Group
- Mukund Patel, business development director, Sammon Group
- Juliet Pomerance, campaign chair, We Need a School
- Roy Blatchford, director, National Education Trust