Latest news from the world of construction product manufacture
- Marley Eternit has published Partition Solutions for Schools - a guide that illustrates the benefits of Hydropanel, Marley Eternit’s high-performance cement partition board. The guide provides details on all the requirements that schools, colleges and universities have for this product, together with specifications that allow designers to comply with approved document B (fire safety), approved document E (sound insulation) and approved document G (hygiene).
- Dulux Trade has launched a dedicated colour section on its www.duluxtrade.co.uk website. It includes tools to see how a colour scheme will look on a particular project as well as advice on colour for the visually impaired.
- The Department of Education has published a guide to replace Building Bulletin 86 (Music Accommodation in Secondary Schools: a Design Guide) and gives advice to designers and local authorities involved in procuring and delivering secondary school music spaces. It includes five in-depth case studies covering a range of music departments that have adopted different teaching and learning approaches.
- Pland Stainless has published a washroom specifiers’ guide for the education sector. It provides information and technical specifications on a range of stainless steel wash stations, sinks, taps, WCs and accessories available from the company.
- Ibstock-Kevington, the newly formed business arm of brick maker Ibstock, has published new guidance on its range of “special shapes”. The guide includes the firm’s entire range, from innovations such as Faststack chimneys, Fastwall and Arches, through to its brick slips.