Latest news from the world of construction product manufacture
- British Gypsum has relaunched The Fire Book, a guide to passive fire protection for anyone specifying, approving or installing structural fire protection in buildings. The book includes more than 140 pages of advice and product information.
- The Guild of Architectural Ironmongers has issued a technical bulletin offering advice on the regulations surrounding accessibility and the changes in the recently published BS8300 – the design of buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of disabled people. The guide is available free of charge at www.gai.org.uk.
- Kingspan Insulation’s Kooltherm K15 rainscreen board is said to be the first insulation board to achieve LABC building type approval. Kingspan Kooltherm K15 rainscreen board is a rigid phenolic board, designed for use behind rainscreen cladding systems. It is suitable for applications such as offices, schools and hospitals.
- CIBSE has published guidance for those involved in the preparation and production of display energy certificates. TM47: Operational Ratings and Display Energy Certificates aims to provide assessors with good practice guidance on the process of assessing a building for the purposes of producing a display energy certificate, including what information is needed, who can produce them, what software should be used and what must be done to display them.
- The British Standards Institution has published Design and Installation of Voice Alarm Systems, a guide to BS 5839-8. It offers in-depth analysis of the key standard against which voice alarm systems for fire warning are designed, commissioned, installed and maintained.
Specifier 18 September 2009
- Currently reading
Movers and makers