Latest news from the world of construction product manufacture
- Aliva UK, maker of ventilated facades and cladding systems, has launched a website called www.alivauk.com. The site provides details of the company’s range of backing structures, facade systems and renders, including technical specifications and drawings.
- The Tile Association has published an advisory note on travertine in response to the high volume of the product available on the UK market. Travertine, although often sold as a marble, is actually a limestone. The advisory note addresses what travertine is, its natural characteristics and its performance in use, as well as offering pointers on how to establish its quality.
- The Timber Trade Federation has published a comprehensive guide to panel products on its website.
- The guide gives a complete overview of veneer and core plywoods, particleboard, oriented strand board and fibreboard, as well as guidance on the use of panels in construction, storage, handling, environmental aspects, as well as health and safety.
- Ibstock has launched a “brick selector” to simplify the process of brick matching and brick selection for its range of clay facing-bricks.
- The guide takes customers through the brick selection process and also contains creative ideas for the use of brick.
- The National Access and Scaffolding Confederation has launched a 24-page brochure designed to explain to clients and main contractors why adopting a policy to use only regulated scaffolding firms can help them meet their requirements under the CDM 2007 regulations for competence.