• Sureclad, a ventilated rainscreen by ceramic granite product distributor Shackerley, has won a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the innovation category. Sureclad comprises aluminium rails, profiles and brackets installed on outer walls to create a carrier system for large-format ceramic granite panels.
• Unitised curtain-walling manufacturer Wicona Projects has published a guide to its new system, recently launched in the UK. It outlines the benefits of unitised facades, design options, technical specifications, test results and a selection of international applications.
• A book on contemporary facade design, Scratching the Surface, by Andrew Watts, has been published to coincide with an exhibition of the same name at the Building Centre in Store Street, London. The exhibition, which features 30 innovative projects in the capital, runs until 1 September.
• Architectural aluminium glazing system manufacturer Kawneer is marking its centenary and new corporate logo with the publication of a 60-page brochure. Through photographs, technical drawings and case studies, the brochure includes details of numerous Kawneer projects around the country.
• Hanson Building Products has acquired structural cladding and precast concrete building systems supplier Structherm for an undisclosed sum. Structherm’s managerial team remains intact. According to the company, the acquisition will enhance Hanson’s position in the housing refurbishment and residential and non-residential precast markets.
Specifier 06 July 2007
- Currently reading
Movers and makers