• Space and water heating company Glen Dimplex has changed its name to Dimplex UK to “consolidate its market status” and avoid confusion with its parent company, Glen Dimplex Group. The firm has also released a guide to its heat pump range, with specifications, diagrams and images. See www.dimplex.co.uk for more details.
• Stormking, a maker of moulded synthetic building products, has bought a 40,000ft2 building with the aim of boosting its manufacturing capacity by nearly 25%. The acquisition brings its number of sites in Tamworth to six, with a total area of 250,000ft2.
• Materials firm Jewson is providing what it says are sustainably sourced timber products to Redrow Homes. The chain of custody process tracks timber through the supply chain so the integrity of the source can be established. Jewson will supply Redrow with sawn carcassing, stud partitions, door stops, curtain battens, soffits, facias and plywood.
• Knauf Drywall has produced a free guide to its products for installers. The booklet details Knauf’s range of plasterboards and information on related products. It also provides information to help specifiers meet regulations and users’ requirements. It can be ordered on 08700-613700.
• Impey UK, a maker of wet room products, has launched a website aimed at the domestic market (www.impey-showers.co.uk). Impey makes shower floors and screens, drainage products, underfloor heating and waterproofing products.
- Currently reading
Movers and makers