• Building materials maker Cemex UK has started work on a concrete block paving factory. At West Calder near Livingston, it will be one of Scotland’s biggest factories, with an annual production capacity of 1.2 million m2. The fully automated plant will replace the company’s existing facility at the site.
• Surface coatings technology specialist H-Tec Spray has overhauled its website to improve navigation and customer usability. New features include an improved product search facility, an easier registration process and an FAQs page.
• The Timber Decking Association has introduced a performance rating scheme for deck components and structures called DeckMark Plus. It has been developed in response to architect and commercial designer requests for guidance on the slip resistance of deckboard surfaces.
• Hanson Formpave, which makes a range of standard and specialist concrete block pavers, kerb systems and ancillaries, is doubling its production capacity with a new factory. Construction work has started on site at Whatley in Somerset. The unit will help supply demand for the company’s Aquaflow SUDS permeable paving system.
• Vinyl flooring maker Gerflor has been awarded a BRE “A” rating for its Mipolam range, which the company says confirms the low environmental impact of this commercial floor covering. The BRE rating system assesses recyclability, energy use and the environmental impact of materials and carbon emissions.
Specifier 4 May 2007
- Currently reading
Movers and makers