• Glazing specialist Selectaglaze has updated its Window Protection Systems brochure, which contains information on all its security systems, guidance on levels of protection for various situations and details of test standards and certifying bodies.
• Manufacturer Mumford & Wood has achieved ISO 14001 certification in recognition of its environmental management processes. It worked with the Carbon Trust to introduce a service that recycles 70% of waste a day and an extraction system that recycles heat.
• Manufacturer JELD-WEN has released a CD-Rom of technical diagrams of its windows, door frames, patio doors and stair products. These can be dragged and dropped on to CAD drawings. Further updates of the CD will be released regularly to registered customers.
• Hillaldam Coburn has launched a website (www.coburn.co.uk) as a guide to its products and services. All components are listed, along with illustrations. Viewers can view the product range and buy items online.
The site also includes industry news.
• Turnquest UK has opened a training centre for architects and specifiers to learn about using colour contrast and door furniture to equip rooms for disabled people. Those visiting are asked to wear spectacles that replicate how someone with a visual impairment sees. This helps them understand what colours are easy to identify against one another. Movement impairment is replicated through weighted suits to show how rails can aid movement and stability.
Specifier 07 September 2007
- Currently reading
Movers and makers