• Kingspan Insulation has produced a guide that offers advice on how installing the right insulation can help to achieve a good rating level under the Code for Sustainable Homes.
• Hager has produced a video podcast showing an electrician completing a house to meet the requirements of the 17th edition of the wiring regulations. It covers the circuits that need RCD protection and other considerations such as protection of fire detection and alarm circuits and requirements for special locations such as bath and shower rooms.
• BSI British Standards has issued a new draft standard on access to buildings for disabled people (BS 8300:2008). It gives recommendations for the design or modification of domestic and non-domestic buildings. It applies to car parking, access routes to and around buildings and the entrances and interiors of buildings.
• Construction Industry Publications has published a guide to occupational health assessments for construction workers. The Occupational Health Assessment provides information on specific job profiles. The matrix is aimed at employers and occupational health providers.
• Stroma, an approved provider of training and accreditation services for the Code for Sustainable Homes, has made its software available free of charge to all code assessors. The programme features include evaluation based on the desired code level and automatic report generation customised to the individual dwelling status.
Specifier 18th July 2008
- Currently reading
Movers and Makers