Building's architectural correspondent
Follow Ike on Twitter @ikeijeh
- Tel: 020 7560 4146
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The severe flooding of winter 2015/16 has put a focus on normalising water-resistance measures in houses in areas prone to flooding
As conservation areas turn 50, they are coming under increasing pressure in major cities. Ike Ijeh looks at the battle between heritage enthusiasts and developers, and asks experts if they think the areas have reached a tipping point
Knight Dragon’s £8.4bn redevelopment of Greenwich Peninsula will be one of the biggest regeneration projects by one developer that the capital has ever seen and has attracted some top architectural talent. But will the result stand the test of time? Ike Ijeh reports
- Bush Theatre: Open audition
- Carrowbreck Meadow: Passivhaus rules
- BIM: It’s good to talk
- The resurrection of St Peter’s
- Live Works: As you like it
- A question of priorities
- Bay watch
The surprise winner of this year’s Stirling Prize shows continuing strained relations between architecture and politics
Riots are forgotten as this year’s Open House weekend celebrates London
What, if anything, can architecture do to address the social ills at the heart of London’s recent unrest?
- Stir Crazy: The 2011 Stirling Prize Shortlist
- Amazing Grace?
- Happy Birthday Sir George!
- Book review: Architect's Legal Pocket Book
- The Secret Garden: Serpentine Pavilion 2011
- Square Deal?
- Electric Designs: Pylons & Architecture