Building's architectural correspondent
Follow Ike on Twitter @ikeijeh
- Tel: 020 7560 4146
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Theatre has ventured into the high-stakes world of property development to enable it to plough the profits back into making plays. Ike Ijeh takes a look around Live Works, the theatre’s £10m office project, to see how the building fits into Newcastle’s historic Quayside
The government’s flagship programme to regenerate the schools estate has just seen the start of its second phase. Ike Ijeh assesses what the Priority School Building Programme has offered pupils and the construction industry so far
With the government-commissioned review into the cost-effectiveness of tidal lagoons giving Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon the thumbs up last month, could this be a watershed moment for tidal energy?
- Elbphilharmonie: Crown jewel
- 2016: Back to the future - part two
- 2016: Back to the future - part one
- Bacton Low Rise: Community blessed
- Holy Trinity Primary School: Dual distinction
- New Design Museum: Raising the roof
The surprise winner of this year’s Stirling Prize shows continuing strained relations between architecture and politics
Riots are forgotten as this year’s Open House weekend celebrates London
What, if anything, can architecture do to address the social ills at the heart of London’s recent unrest?
- Stir Crazy: The 2011 Stirling Prize Shortlist
- Amazing Grace?
- Happy Birthday Sir George!
- Book review: Architect's Legal Pocket Book
- The Secret Garden: Serpentine Pavilion 2011
- Square Deal?
- Electric Designs: Pylons & Architecture