- Tile maker Sandtoft says its recycled slate plant in West Yorkshire is now carbon neutral. It switched to green electricity and uses 100% biodiesel for its forklift trucks.
- Gordon Harris owner of Advanced Roofing in Ilkeston, Derbyshire, is planning to set up the UK’s first dedicated PVC single-ply roofing membrane recycling scheme.
- A guide to grading roofing battens has been published by John Brash & Co, suppliers of graded timber battens. Aimed at housebuilders, contractors and site managers, the guide explains how to check criteria such as splits, fissures, rate of decay, insect attack and resin pockets.
- Fall protection specialist Latchways has acquired rooftop walkway maker Height Solutions for an undisclosed amount.
- Fourteen roofing products made by Icopla have won accreditation by the British Board of Agrément. The products include the Profiles range, Total Torch Vapour control and dispersion layers, Tecnatorch and Olympic Thermaweld mineral cap sheets, as well as torch-on underlays.
- Building envelope maker Ruuki has released a CD-ROM of its product literature. The disc contains more than 140 documents ranging from full colour brochures and comprehensive technical manuals to concise product data sheets.
- Space Decks, providers of glass roofs and facades to the commercial retail sector has been acquired by investment company Artguide for an undisclosed price.
Specifier 05 October 2007
- Currently reading
Movers and makers